Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Step in the Right Direction

Thomas officially took his first step Friday! He had been playing "'round and 'round" on the swivel chair and reached towards my legs. I was just out of reach, so I leaned backwards to see what he would do. He held on to the chair with one hand and carefully lined himself up facing me. He let go of the chair, cautiously moved one foot forward, shifted his weight, leaned forward and grabbed my leg. Then he walked closer and looked up at me and grinned. Of course, he wouldn't do it again for me because he had reached his goal and was very insulted that I would try to stand him back up at the chair. But later, I saw him take another slow, cautious step from the leather chair to his jumper. Now it's just a matter of building confidence.

1 comment:

Lidarose said...

Hooray! Now...new worlds of opportunity for mischief...