Friday, February 02, 2007

Operation HH

I've never been accused of being the fitness-buff in this relationship. Ever since the day I got trapped in the kitchen with sciatica pain, I've been going to the gym 4+ days a week. The boy has had one very good excuse after another for not being a gym regular since Thanksgiving. He finally announced that he was over his cold and feeling better and looking forward to going back to the gym. Then followed a week where he didn't make it to the gym even a single morning.

So, in the style of nagging wives everywhere, I decided that he would be my next project (after having finally cleaned the apartment and beaten the final boss in the Spyro the Dragon game). This week marked the launch of Operation HH (Handsome Husband). I finally got him to sit down for a haircut (he had been pretty shaggy), started physically handing him a vitamin every morning, and setting my annoying cell phone alarm for 4am. It's hard to sleep through the annoying alarm, your wife talking to you, and the cat coming to purr at your head. This week he's been to the gym 3 times in the past 5 days plus baseball practices. I think of it as vicarious weight loss, since I'm forced to gain weight for the next 2 months.

No comments: