Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash Wednesday

We went to the 6:30am Mass to get our ashes before Curtis had to be at school. Today it is required to abstain from meat and to fast. I'm exempted from the fasting requirement due to "medical condition" and good thing, too! There wasn't time for breakfast before church and within an hour after waking up, I was so hungry that I felt sick. Being pregnant during Lent is hard. I normally give up something for Lent, but I've already given up many things that I enjoy such as beer, stinky cheese, raw fish, and sleeping on my stomach. I finally decided to give up sweets, which is tough since ice cream has been my crutch the last few months. But by the end of Lent, I'll be carrying this baby in my arms instead of on my bladder. Curtis can have the traditional Italian Easter dish (deep dish pizza with sausage and hard-boiled egg). Me, I'm having tuna rolls, blue cheese, a big dish of ice cream, and a beer (of course waiting 2 hrs before breast-feeding). Oh, it'll be heavenly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Valerie and I tried calling you but you've given up the old numbers.
Can you give us a call?

terry