Thursday, January 10, 2008

From Glow to Burn

Ah, the warm glow of accomplishment. Yesterday, I put away ALL of the Advent & Christmas stuff. I even got it all back on the high shelf with the help of our new step ladder. You may ask yourself, "Why was the pregnant woman standing on a ladder lifting boxes when a large, strapping lad would be there in a few hours?" That's a very good question to which I have no answer except that it didn't occur to me until I was almost done. Still, it sure felt good to finish something.

Last night, I had the worst heartburn ever. It felt like someone was using a rib spreader on me, my sternum was on fire, and that any second I might vomit molten steel. It didn't matter if I laid down, reclined, or sat up, and I really couldn't sleep much. I had no idea that heartburn could actually be debilitating. Fortunately, Thomas took a long nap this morning, so I could get some sleep. I don't know if it was something I ate, but boy, did it suck.

No comments: