Saturday, April 07, 2007

Outings

On Tuesday, I had my first post-pregnancy outing. Curtis and I went to Sam's and to Trader Joe's while my mother watched the baby. I walked very slowly, but was definitely starting to improve. I did get too tired and had to leave TJ's to sit in the car. Later we went to vote in the city election.

On Wednesday, all four of us (including my mom and Thomas) stopped by the mall to visit the maternity and then Target. We got to try out our stroller, which is awesomely easy to use. Thomas also proved the adage that the car puts babies to sleep. Even though it was two short stops, it turned out to be way too much walking for me and my stitches hurt the rest of the day.

Last night, Thomas had his first restaurant experience. Curtis's parents are down for the weekend and treated us all to the Olive Garden. Thomas fell asleep in the car and slept in his carseat for the entire meal. He looked so adorable. I was so proud of him.

Oops, it's 3:30 am and I hear someone is hungry. More (including a link to more pics) later.

LATER UPDATE: I skipped Thursday, which was Thomas's first pediatrician visit. The dr. said that he is pretty perfect. The birthmark by his eye may or may not be permanent. (Thanks for narrowing that down, doc!) His weight had dropped to 7 lbs even, but that's normal and he should regain his birthweight by his 2-week appointment, now that the milk has come in. The two-week appointment is also when Thomas will get blood drawn for a round of tests and go under the knife for his "snip, snip" operation. Boy is he going to love that. My mom has agreed to stay until after that appointment, since Curtis will be at work and I will have one angry baby. Thomas hated the doctor's visit since he had to be stripped down to his diaper to be weighed and left that way until the doctor came to the room (15+ minutes.) Babies do NOT like to be exposed because they get cold easily. Fortunately, my mom is very warm and could hold and comfort Thomas while we waited.

No comments: